Wednesday, March 23, 2011

London Afternoon Tea with a Twist...............or an Olive

One of the major events for any visitor to London is a traditional full blown English tea and there are many wonderful ones to recommend throughout the city and I have been enjoying those teas since I was a child from the early 1950's, and those who know me well, also know that I have been drinking Martini's since I was 21, ah, some 40 years or so and so it is with great excitement, that I have discovered that at the cozy, boutique hotel - Flemings( located in Mayfair - my favorite area in all of London) not only like its neighborhood upscale hotels, offers a traditional English tea, but know also offers - a Martini Tea. It is, in the British argot, ................'Brilliant!'
I love London English teas and I also love Martini’s and so here I can experience both in one sitting. So on you next trip to London, have a afternoon Martini tea or even better yet, have one and then stay at this most wonderful boutique hotel in the city.
In the words of Lyricist Ira Gershwin…. “Who could ask for anything more?”

Here are just a few samples that I recommend:
THE MAYFAIR MARTINI £12.00
Martini’s made with Berry Bros. & Rudd No. 3 London Dry Gin, stirred
patiently with your preferred vermouth and finished with a selection of
citrus fruits/olives or even a hint of bitters.
THE FLEMINGS NEGRONI £12.00
Your choice of Gin stirred with your selection of Sweet Vermouth and
Campari, served over ice with a selection of citrus oils.
SIGNATURE MARTINI £12.00
Our signature Martini: aged Van Wee's Genever lovingly stirred through
with hints of ripe apricot, a whisper of aromatic wine and a touch of bitter orange. Finished with fresh orange oils.

No comments: